james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: JCR back-end
Date Sat, 05 May 2007 00:01:46 GMT
Noel J. Bergman ha scritto:
>>> I (or Jukka or I, depending on whom gets to what, when) are going to
>>> rip out the JCR parts into standalone classes, and then have some
>>> driver code for reading a message into the JCR, recreating the
>>> message from the JCR, etc.  Once that's all done, we'll start moving
>>> it into JAMES, but we'll also want to preserve the ability for
>
>> I don't think we're going to make another JAMES subproject [for]
>> the JCR backend.
>
> <<shrug>> We might end up with just that.  Apparently, there is a lot of
interest in storing e-mail in a JCR, and we are just (one of) the first to give it a serious
go in Open Source.  For now, I'd prefer to work on it and see what firms up.

> 	--- Noel

Can you make a rationale about a standalone product regarding JCR and
Mail but not involving JAMES Server ?
What exactly should such a component to?

Stefano