james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: James artifacts on Maven repositories
Date Thu, 03 May 2007 08:29:40 GMT
Jukka Zitting ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to experiment writing custom mailets, but found out that none
> of the James artifacts are available on the central Maven repository.
> I installed them locally so it's not a direct problem for me, but I
> think it would be very nice if the artifacts were readily available
> for Maven projects.
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

Unfortunately, even in you find a pom.xml in the James SERVER root,
James SERVER is not a maven2 application. We use ant/build.xml to build
the application. The pom is there mainly for the website generation.

I have to add that I took care to have a working pom.xml for my
continuos integration server anyway.

The best solution for you is to checkout james/project/trunk in the
folder "james-project" and james/server/trunk in the folder
"james-server". An mvn from james-server should find the parent in
james-project.

Otherwise try this:
james-project/parent/# mvn -Plocal install
james-project/maven-skin/# mvn -Plocal install
james-project/# mvn -Plocal install
james-server/# mvn -Plocal install

Noel should have already informed you that Maven is not well accepted in
this project ;-)  (FWIW I'm all for switching to a single build system,
and my choice is maven, that's why I take care of keeping pom.xmls up to
date).

Stefano