james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Ahmed Mohombe <amoho...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JAMES technology uplift
Date Thu, 03 May 2007 10:34:04 GMT
>>> Well, just thinking, this being ASF. Shouldn't we eat our own dogfood...
>> If that would be so, than the entire ASF "messaging" infrastructure
>> should run on JAMES in *first* place, including newsgroups and mailing
>> lists (and this since years) :).
>
> Well, that would at least dramatically increase the attention JAMES
> would get. ;-)
Of course :). JAMES also brings attention to Apache, cause not all
users search Apache first than find JAMES: most of them search an email server,
than discover JAMES and then see that it's on Apache :).

> If it would be good for ASF mail delivery - I would not like to put that
> on a test. ASF is sending quite a lot of mails!
IMHO it would be the duty of the "JAMES team" to lobby this trial to the other ASF members
to make a first try and get feedback what's required to be able to 100% run the entire ASF
emails on
JAMES.

It would be the ultimate argument for every manager for adopting JAMES.

In the last 4 years, I was always had to hear: "if it's not even good for their own use, why
should
it be good enough for us?" :).

Ahmed.