james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Valenty <m...@valenty.com>
Subject Re: MailRepository.store() current user?
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2007 17:12:51 GMT

Stefano Bagnara-2 wrote:

> This is weird: what did you change in JAMES codebase?

I haven't changed anything in the JAMES codebase. I am using the 2.3.1
binary distribution "as is". I have only modified config.xml to use my
implementations of UsersRepository and MailRepository.

Stefano Bagnara-2 wrote:

> Also, MailRepositories are cached by the Store: make sure that your
> equals/hashCode is working properly.

I think my equals/hashCode is working properly since I get a different
instance of MyMailRepository for each user during a pop3 session.
MyMailRepository.configure() is invoked with a destinationURL of
//mypath/<username>.

With the ToRepository mailet invoked by an smtp session,
MyMailRepository.configure().destinationURL is always the same: //mypath <--
no username appended to the path. So I am using
mail.getAttribute(SMTPAuthUser) to determine who sent the mail and log it in
the proper place.

Thanks for your help!