james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: Spring deployment
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2007 08:52:16 GMT
While I think that a spring class to read the avalon descriptor is cool
 I also think it has a couple of drawbacks to take into consideration:

1) the avalon descriptor is in the phoenix function: in the current ant
build you cannot make a function to depend on another functions. Maybe
Robert has a solution for this.

2) Spring beans configuration is much more powerful than avalon assembly
descriptor, so reading the descriptor will give us big compatibility and
simplicity in moving to spring, but won't let us to use the more
expressive spring configurability.

Just my 2 cents, of course you should keep working on your idea.
Stefano