james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Toni Lamar <toni.la...@yahoo.com>
Subject JAMES 3.0 Milestone 1 or Alpha?
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2007 19:03:06 GMT

Would you please release JAMES 3.0 milestone 1 or alpha from the trunk?

There are so many cool features in there compared to 2.3.x.
Except the IMAP support(cause I'm not using it yet in production) the rest
looks very solid and stable (I'm using it on several machines since almost a
week without problems so far).

Most users won't build JAMES and the the "nightly build" label is not very
marketing friendly :).

I think that if you would release a "Milestone 1" (and mention it on the
main page) many more users would try it and give you detailed feedback.
Since IMAP is activated by default, this would be a very good news on Java
sites and many would like to try if you would annouce it (even so in
"experimental" state because many aren't even aware that IMAP works just by
starting JAMES).

Thanks,

Tony.