james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mime4j and buffering
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2007 20:54:01 GMT

robert burrell donkin-2 wrote:

> On 5/31/07, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm planning to use a buffer (even a mapped one if using nio) to load
>> larger chunks of the message being parsed. The parser can then "look
>> ahead" in the buffer to find the next multipart boundary without
>> having to check each byte individually.
>
> any progress?

It took me about 4 hours to create the patch for MIME4J-19. (Pull parser
API) Given my experiences with commons-fileupload, I believe it would take
another 6 hours or so to rewrite MIME4J-19 a second time in order to use a
single, buffered InputStream, which would even be able to provide
information like line and column number and byte offset.

Jochen