james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: JAMES 3.0 Milestone 1 or Alpha?
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2007 13:04:22 GMT
Toni Lamar ha scritto:
> Would you please release JAMES 3.0 milestone 1 or alpha from the trunk?

Hi Tony,

I'm really happy to know that you use current trunk. This is one more
proof that the code there is usable not only by me and Norman ;-).

Unfortunately there hasn't been consensus on branching to start a
release process from the trunk (in december) and the code didn't change
to much in the mean time, so I don't think we can expect something
different now.

In the mean time I also stopped trying to include my patches in current
trunk as my local branch diverged too much from the current code and
being not able to smoothly push a new branch and a shared goal I had to
take this sad decision.

Unfortunately, as far as I understand it currently no one of the active
committers is willing to prepare a release from the current code (and to
collect agreements for this).

But I also think that your voice, and the voice of others users and
developers interested in this can really make the difference.

So I think that if every user using/wanting trunk code to be released
will put a list of new trunk features he is interested in and what
features he is already using (testing) succesfully from trunk this could
help the inactive PMC members to understand the quality and stability
and usability of what we have in trunk.

About IMAP enabled by default I think that Robert should be the one to
decide when it worth cutting a release including IMAP enabled by default.

Stefano