james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Serge Knystautas" <sknystau...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JDK 1.5 for the "next-major" ?
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2007 14:50:48 GMT
On 7/4/07, robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:
> i'm agnostic
>
> my plan had been to allow switching over to java5 on a the module
> level since this retains the possibility of a release containing dual
> configurations. this would mean factoring out modules from core before
> starting to introduce java5, though.
>
> but if anyone feels strongly they want just to switch completely then
> that would be fine with me

In addition to JMX, the better SSL features would be nice.  I'm hazy
on the specifics, but wasn't it TLS during SMTP?

FWIW, Sun recently moved 1.4.2 to EOL status.  I don't have a sense
for how many people are still on that and if it's as much of a concern
as it is in the past.

--
Serge Knystautas
p. 301.656.5501