james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Ahmed Mohombe <amoho...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JMX, trunk and experiments!
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2007 12:15:13 GMT
> If I recall correctly, the problem with James under Java5 is that MX4J
> is not an option here, since Phoenix messes things up (classloader
> problems as far as I remember).
This is mentioned nowhere in the docs, and since Java 5 is common on most desktops these days,
this is also the version most users will use it to try JAMES with (at least when giving a
try
to experimental features from the trunk).

> Built-in JMX server works as described. At least, I got it running.
> Can you please report what exactly is the problem you are running into?
Following that WIKI page one can connect with JConsole(or other tool) without problems to
the VM
running JAMES and browse the tree with MBeans (JAMES MBeans are visible in that tree too,
not just
the MBeans from the JDK).

The problems is that trying to do something useful aka managing (e.g. get the list of users,
or
whatever functionality is possible now with the the telnet client) is not working throwing
exceptions.

This is exactly what all users I know and and tried to connect to JAMES with JMX are getting.

Ahmed.