james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: [FetchMail] MessageProcessor address errors common
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2007 21:28:00 GMT
Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
>> Never seen this error before in fetchmail.
>> What about that CRLF you have after the
>> "<20070622145643.26586.qmail@mail" ? Is it a copy and paste artifact or
>> is it really there?
>
> cut'n'paste
>
> the correct behaviour when fetchmail encounters a non-RFC822 mail  is
> an interesting question. AIUI ATM it just leaves that message on the
> server.
>
> - robert

Yes, now it throws exception and leave the message there: at the next
cron it processes it again, and this encrease the exceptions day by day.
Fortunately most non-rfc822 mails are spam.

If that CRLF was a cut&paste issue then I really don't know: I hope you
add the debug you proposed in the other thread and then you can bring
more details about the issue.

Stefano