james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject [JSieve] Release near? (Was: Sporadic Mysterious Exceptions)
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2007 20:08:48 GMT
Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
>>> On 8/9/07, Stefano Bagnara <apache@bago.org> wrote:
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSIEVE-10 suggests removing the
>>> singletons and injecting the dependency instead. not sure how much
>>> work that is likely to be.
>>>
>>> - robert
>> As a personal approach I try to avoid static fields (singletons, thread
>> locals and anything else using static fields) at all costs, but I know
>> I'm a bit extreme at this.
>
> same here
>
>> That said I don't have any knowledge on the jSieve architecture so I can
>> only give you my +1 to remove them, but I will not be able to help or to
>> estimate the complexity.
>
> i'd like a sieve release in time for the milestone. if these fixes
> work then it would be better to leave the refactoring till afterwards.
>
> - robert

This make sense. jSieve also deserve an official Apache release like we
did for mime4j. We have this project in svn since too long and it is
real pity there is no official releases.

As one of our known user (an Atlassian developer) added a feature (body
support) some month ago and attached it here:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSIEVE-15
I'd like to see this included before a release.

Also http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSIEVE-5 and
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSIEVE-6 seems to be easy fixes.

What do other thinks? Are the patches too risky or is it better to
include them before trying to cut a release?

Stefano