james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] next-major from trunk will be 3.0
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2007 10:03:31 GMT
Danny Angus ha scritto:
> On 8/1/07, Søren Hilmer <sh@widetrail.dk> wrote:
>> I really think this next-minor/next-major stuff has added confusion.
> I agree with Soren.

I also agree that it added confusion: I had a clear view on what
next-minor and next-major was and at that time I thought it was clear to
everyone (I'm used to labels to identify software sprints). But the
facts proved my believing was wrong.

I still don't know what could have been a better approach to the missing
agreement on the numbers.

Btw this vote by Robert could have been started by anyone, any day in
the past: we can't tell if the result of the vote 8 months ago could
have been the same, but I hope everyone learned a lesson from this.

Stefano