james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Fondermann <bf_...@brainlounge.de>
Subject ConfigurationInterceptor
Date Sun, 05 Aug 2007 14:35:23 GMT
Hi,

to recover from last days jar sorting marathon, I enjoyed a little
finger exercise with James/Spring. :-)

I added configuration interceptor capabilities to the startup process.

This interceptor is able to alter the configuration given in
james-config.xml before it is applied to the components.

I used this in a trivial example to map all privileged port numbers to
unprivileged ports.

Other more advanced use cases for this could be
+ reading local config adjustments using the same build artefact as is
typical in a development/staging/production scenario
+ reading global adjustments over the net (distribute config changes for
server farm, when machines cycle)
+ prevent mail from actually being sent on dev systems or when unit testing
+ inject mailets at startup time
+ switch databases or even repository types (for different Postage runs)
without altering files.

Revision 562874 has it all.

   Bernd