james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [mailet-api][proposal] MailAddress
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2007 05:31:38 GMT
On 8/16/07, Norman Maurer <norman@apache.org> wrote:
> Stefano Bagnara schrieb:

> I fully agree with Stefano,

!!

What is your point? That the API should enforce RFC compliance and not
the server?
Why? The servlet API doesn't enforce compliance with http or html
standards, the application server implementation might though.

If we leave this up to implementors then it is up to users to choose
ones which comply with appropriate standards. I don't think it is the
job of the mailet api to constrain things beyond what is necessary to
ensure that mailets work and are portable.

James, or buni, or mailcatcher should validate addresses for compliance.

d.