james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: RATing jSPF
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2007 09:55:14 GMT
Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
>> Then we have problematic headers in stage/**/*.pom files, but they are
>> third party descriptor, so we leave them as is.
>>
>> Then we have no headers in the test resources:
>>
>>  !????? src/test/resources/org/apache/james/jspf/mailzone-tests.yml
>>  !????? src/test/resources/org/apache/james/jspf/pyspf-tests.yml
>>  !????? src/test/resources/org/apache/james/jspf/rfc4408-tests.yml
>>  !????? src/test/resources/org/apache/james/jspf/tests.yml
>>  !????? src/test/resources/org/apache/james/jspf/test_parser.txt
>>  !????? src/test/resources/org/apache/james/jspf/test_rfc_examples.txt
>
> if these are covered by CLAs and it is possible to add comments
> without breaking them, then headers need to be added.

As you probably noticed in the following sentences only the
mailzone-tests.yml has been written by us.

>> The *.txt files are copied (or based on) files from dual licensed (LGPL
>> + 2-clause BSD) libspf2 (http://www.libspf2.org/): should we add an
>> header?
>
> not unless we change them
>
>> Should we add a NOTICE reference for this??
>
> yes
>
> also, their license details need to be added into the LICENSE file

I'm adding the (src\test....) link to our NOTICE after the already
existing sentence:
--- NOTICE
SPF Test (test*.txt) contains resources derived from the
libspf2 library (http://www.libspf2.org/) and distributed under
the BSD license and copyright by Wayne Schlitt, Shevek.
(src\test\resources\org\apache\james\jspf\libspf2.LICENSES)
------
And add the libspf2.LICENSES file to that folder.

I saw that the latest maven plugin for managing LICENSE/NOTICE
generation adds 3rd party LICENSING references to the NOTICE file and
not to the LICENSE file.

I remember that Cliff told us to put the whole 3rd party LICENSEs or an
url to the LICENSEs or a local reference to the LICENSE file at the
bottom of our LICENSE file (as you tell now).

Some months ago I wrote to the maven-dev list to ask why they added the
3rd party licenses reference to the "wrong" file and they replied that
they double checked this with Cliff and it was ok.

Are we ok with that licensing info being in the NOTICE file or should I
revamp this discussion on the maven list, too?

>> The mailzone-tests.yml has been written by US based on the live
>> mailzone.com zone content. Should we add our ASLv2 header?
>
> yes
>
> - rober

Ok, added the header to mailzone-tests!

Thank you for driving me through the license/copyright nightmare,
Stefano