james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: OpenSPF test resources Licence
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 13:10:03 GMT
An spf-devel member reported that the yaml files have been developed as
part of pyspf (http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/pyspf/) and are
released under the Python Software Foundation License
(http://www.opensource.org/licenses/PythonSoftFoundation.php).

The PSFL is a BSD derived license (in principle) but contains a lot of
sentences and is not listed in the ASF license guidelines
(http://people.apache.org/~cliffs/3party.html).

Does anyone know if the Creative Common BY-SA 2.5 or the PSFL allow us
to redistribute an unchanged yaml file used to run tests?

Otherwise we'll have to remove them from the tree and reinclude them
later when the openspf group will have clarified the licensing.

Stefano