james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] jSPF-0.9.5 and james-project-1.2
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2007 10:41:45 GMT
Bernd Fondermann ha scritto:
> Downloaded apache-jspf-0.9.5-src.tar.gz from the staging directory,
> unpacked it and ran
>   mvn -P local package
> like suggested in BUILDING.txt. But it gives me an error:
>

> [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
>
> GroupId: org.apache.james
> ArtifactId: james-project
> Version: 1.2

>   org.apache.james:james-project:pom:1.2
>
> from the specified remote repositories:
>   central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2),
>   local-jspf-stage-repository (file://${basedir}/stage)
> <<<<
>
> So I am -0 on releasing this in its current state.
>
>   Bernd

There is a bug in maven about resolving the parent from the local stage
repository.
When this vote will pass and the artifacts will be deployed then that
file will be in the official repository and will be found.
Otherwise, as described in the pom.xml, you have to manually install the
parent pom before building:

----
<id>local-jspf-stage-repository</id>
<name>Local jSPF stage repository</name>
<!-- Please note that due to http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-2896 -->
<!-- If you don't have james-project checked out in ../james-project -->
<!-- you will have to place your absolute path to the project instead -->
<!-- of ${basedir}, or, otherwise, manually install the parent poms -->
<!--
   #windows:
   mvn -fignorepom.xml install:install-file
      -Dfile=stage\org.apache.james\poms\james-parent-1.1.pom
      -Dpackaging=pom
      -DgroupId=org.apache.james
      -DartifactId=james-parent
      -Dversion=1.1
   mvn -fignorepom.xml install:install-file
      -Dfile=stage\org.apache.james\poms\james-project-1.2.pom
      -Dpackaging=pom
      -DgroupId=org.apache.james
      -DartifactId=james-project
      -Dversion=1.2

   #linux:
   mvn -fignorepom.xml install:install-file
      -Dfile=stage/org.apache.james/poms/james-parent-1.1.pom
      -Dpackaging=pom
      -DgroupId=org.apache.james
      -DartifactId=james-parent
      -Dversion=1.1
   mvn -fignorepom.xml install:install-file
      -Dfile=stage/org.apache.james/poms/james-project-1.2.pom
      -Dpackaging=pom
      -DgroupId=org.apache.james
      -DartifactId=james-project
      -Dversion=1.2