james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Updates on the cornerstone/excalibur issue
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2007 14:03:55 GMT
This is just to update on what happened in the last weeks about the
cornerstone releases we are waiting since mid july.

You probably remember the big issue with no active PMC members in the
excalibur team leading to never ending votes.

The cornerstone jars are ready since 50 days, but unfortunately they got
only 2 binding +1.

The good news is that I've been voted/invited to the Excalibur PMC,
together with Ralph Goers (Cocoon) and we now just need to wait for
Excalibur PMC Chair (J Aaron Farr) to notify the board to make this
"official".

When this will happen my +1 on the cornerstone release will become
"binding" and cornerstone 2.2.2 libraries will be released.

Today Jorg Heymans staged to him people.a.o home the 2.2.2 libraries and
I already succesfully updated my local james server snapshot to use them.

As soon as I will be officially an Excalibur PMC member and the vote
will be tallied I will commit the new dependencies.

Stefano