james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: Plz review site updates
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2007 13:11:05 GMT
Stefano Bagnara ha scritto:
> Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
>> On 9/25/07, Norman Maurer <norman@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I think I complete the Site update for the jspf release. Because im no
>>> native english speaker it whould be good if someone could recheck the
>>> speeling etc. If all is ok I will run svn update on minotaur.
>> remember to double check the download URL since this can't be tested
>> until the page goes fully live. also remember that the sync'ing to the
>> live site takes several hours so it's best to wait until the website
>> has updated before posting the announcement.
>>
>> - robert
>
> IIRC the website updates happens every 4 hours, while the distribution
> sites synchronization time is considered 24 hours: does this match your
> knowledge?

It was on the website:

TLP websites:
------------
These sites are rsync'ed into production on ajax *every* *hour*
(starting at 11 minutes past). Deletes happen once per day.

You can view your changes before they go into production by using a
trick with your web browser. Temporarily set the preferences to use
*140.211.11.10:80* as your HTTP proxy. Beware: that IP address and
crontab might change at some time - if so then please send a patch for
this doc.

Mirroring:
Do not point your download links directly at www.apache.org. Instead,
point these links at the mirrors. Also note that you should wait around
*24* *hours* between placing your files in the download directories and
sending out announcements with links to the mirrors. This is the time
necessary for the majority of mirrors to grab the files.
---------

Stefano