james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject [jSPF] refactoring to remove cyclic dependencies and find a better structure
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2007 23:52:30 GMT
I'm trying to reorganize code for jSPF in order to be able to provide
some sort of architectural documentation and to remove cyclic
dependencies between packages.

As you can see from the last 2 commits this means moving around a lot of
classes.

I also plan to do some renaming if I find better names.

I will work with a CTR approach as most changes are better understood
checking out the updated tree.

99.9% of the changes are IDE-managed refactoring, so even if I change a
lot of classes they are plain/straight refactorings and should not harm
the stability of the code.

If anyone prefer to release 0.9.5 with the old structure I can move this
task to a branch. Otherwise I'll try to put some more effort in this
before 0.9.5 (e.g: now that there are no more cyclic dependencies I feel
much better than before).

Stefano