james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: [JSieve] pom's in stage
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 23:12:52 GMT
Stefano Bagnara ha scritto:
> The WORST thing at all is that ALSO the jars are different!!
> I just downloaded:
> http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2/javax/mail/mail/1.4/mail-1.4.jar
> https://maven-repository.dev.java.net/repository/javax.mail/jars/mail-1.4.jar
> And they contains different Session.class.
> Maybe this worth further investigation as it may be an hacking attempt,
> but at this time I just want to point out what is BAD metadata from what
> is CUSTOM metadata.

FYI I compared the bytecode and the difference is that the mail-1.4.jar
from ibiblio declare "1.4ea" as version in the debug strings, in the
providers version and in the Session version.

The version we have in the stage folder for jSieve is the one with the
"ea" (as the one on ibiblio). The version we have in james-server-2.3.0
distribution is the same.

Stefano