james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: Publishing jars to the maven repository...?
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2007 08:47:09 GMT
Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
> is there any particular reason why JAMES shouldn't publish jars into
> the repository?
>
> - robert

None that I'm aware of.

The only problem is the ability to declare real dependencies of our
artifacts: I'm not sure that every dependency is available in official
maven repositories. But having the artifacts in a maven repository with
"partial" dependencies is IMHO better than not having the artifacts at all.

Maybe we should use apache-mailet, apache-mailet-api and
apache-james-server as artifactIds for the 3 jars we released inside the
james.sar, so to follow the "apache-" prefix policy we used for mime4j,
jsieve and jspf.

Also the sar could be published, but this is less useful than the jars,
so low priority.

Stefano