james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Bernd Fondermann" <bernd.fonderm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: The Phoenix reborn -- Plexus returning to the ASF
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2007 05:22:46 GMT
> Bernd Fondermann ha scritto:
> >> pheonix is tightly coupled with the excaliber components we use.
> >
> > it's funny you write that. "the IoC container is tightly coupled with
> > its components" ;-)
> > James is not dependend on Phoenix (the only part I managed to get
> > around in James/Spring), but it is very tightly coupled indeed with
> > excalibur components. We'd probably have to rewrite much of our code
> > to loosen these strings.

> I don't agree with Robert and you about Phoenix being tightly coupled
> with components we use.

> There is nothing, but Avalon interfaces that really bind us to Phoenix,
> and your spring module is the final proof.

Right. That's also what I think. I just was picking at Roberts wording there.

> I have difficult understanding what you (you all) want to refactor when
> you talk about POJO, avalon, excalibur by mixing issues. Can we agree on
> the above classification for our "dependencies" and be more specific in
> the discussion?

Yes, we are mixing up different things sometimes. But hey, this only
shows how complicated our server architecture is.

I understood Robert's statement about refactoring components as being
a statement about what might should happen inside excalibur, not here
at James. (If it will happen, who knows, I doubt it, but you happen to
be at the Excalibur PMC... ;-))

  Bernd