james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Users] Add support for user meta-data? [WAS Re: [MailboxAPI] Delete]
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2007 17:05:23 GMT

> Maybe the right solution would be to split the UsersRepository in
> "AuthService" and "UserPreferenceService". IIRC we discussed this in
> past, but I don't remember anymore the result of the discussion.
>
> BTW I'm also fine with what you proposed.

I much prefer Stefano's idea, have a separate service with a clear
responsibility for meta-data "joined" to users. We did discuss it
before. I think we need to be careful where people might want to
implement users in shared ldap or something, not to impose a whole lot
of other things on their implementation.

OTOH I don't think there's anything fundamental wrong with your proposal per-se.

d.