james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Burrell Donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Extending James
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2007 18:45:58 GMT
On Nov 15, 2007 3:26 PM, Paulo Sergio <pauloslf@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
> i've been working in Imap IDLE this week, trying to add it to James.
> My current problem is that when i send the idle command (tag IDLE)i
> receive:  "NO Unknown message in pipeline"
>
> I've add code to all the IMAP related  modules,so it's a bit hard to explain
> averyting i add, but if any of you have any guess about what could be the
> problem, please let me know...

the seda stuff is event driven. a chain of decoders takes bytes and
converts to message objects. these value objects are then processed by
a chain of processors which transform these. these response messages
are streamed to a chain of encoders which convert value objects to
bytes.

you need to ensure that each of the chains you use contain the new
encoders, processors and decoders. i'm not sure without looking at the
code but i suspect that you're missing a encoder in your factory
implementation. take a look DefaultImapEncoderFactory.

- robert