james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject james-jcr updates
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2008 13:10:24 GMT
Hi all,

As you may have noticed, in the past few days I've again committed
some updates to the james-jcr sandbox component. The main changes are
about extracting the Message->JCR storage mechanism to a standalone
JavaBean class, and adding an intermediate .../year/month/day/...
folder structure to better manage large volumes of email.

As a background for these updates, at Day we're currently working on
some email/wiki integration stuff on top of JCR and it would be great
to use James as the email component. Currently we're just pulling
messages from external sources using normal IMAP and POP client
support in JavaMail and feeding the messages to a JCR repository using
a slightly modified version of the JCRStoreBean from james-jcr.
There's also a brief blog entry [1] about this stuff.

I was trying to build the current James server trunk and set it up as
a simple dependency that I could just start with minimal configuration
within a webapp to listen for incoming SMTP connections. I'd then feed
the incoming messages to a JCR repository using the james-jcr
component. Unfortunately I didn't get too far along those lines. Any
pointers on how to best do this? (Preferably with Maven 2... :-)

[1] http://dev.day.com/microsling/content/blogs/main/jcrmail.html

BR,

Jukka Zitting