james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Burrell Donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cleaning stage...? [WAS Re: Nightly builds all fail]
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2008 18:39:31 GMT
On Jan 17, 2008 7:23 AM, Bernd Fondermann
<bernd.fondermann@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 16, 2008 2:06 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin
>
> <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I purged it (rm -rf) and replaced it from SVN.
> >
> > was in two minds about cleanly deleting all artifacts from staging and
> > distribution. i prefer to clean everything but the existing build kept
> > versions with different names around.
>
> Sorry, I don't get you.

the aboriginal ant script for the monolithic build only clean
artifacts with the same version. so (for example) if the current
version is 7.4.7 then james-whatever-7.4.7.jar would be deleted but
not james-whatever-7.4.6.jar or  james-whatever-7.4.8.jar. i preserved
this behaviour.

i could easily alter the behaviour so that if the build creates a
james-whatever-7.4.7.jar then clean will delete
james-whatever-*.*.*.jar.

is this clearer now?

- robert