james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: James OSGi Bundle
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 15:09:36 GMT
Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
> stefano is right that given our current COP, SpoolManager would have
> to be redeployed
>
> noel and danny are right that for reployment to work elegantly, the
> level of granularity should be the processor

I'm not sure I understand the advantages of the redeploy of a single
processor.

To redeploy a processor you will have anyway to stop the spoolmanager
threads or you will risk to find a mail destinated to an unavailable
processor that currently results in an error.

The undeploy/redeploy of the whole
spoolmanager/mailetloader/matchersloader chain is not a big issue in
availability because input/output channels like smtp, fetchmail and pop3
will work in the meantime.

Stefano