james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Antony Bowesman <...@teamware.com>
Subject Re: Bug in ContentTypeParser.jj?
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2008 21:54:26 GMT
Hi Robert,

> IIRC there are some test mails which use boundary string containing only
> digits. if you are willing to contribute a unit test or two that
> demonstrates the problem, it'd help a lot. please use
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MIME4J

Done.  I ticked the wrong box for the ASF licence, but could not edit it to
grant licence to ASF, but the test case can be included if needed.

It's related to general digit only parameter values, not just boundary strings
but the test case shows a digit only example boundary string.

> hmmm...
>
> fiddling with the tokenisation seems more risky. so the first sounds like
> the better solution to me. (hopefully people will jump in if this seems
> wrong to them...)

I agree, RFC allows all digits, so there's probably nothing wrong in including it.

Antony