james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org>
Subject Apache James Google Summer of Code 2008
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 12:08:21 GMT
The Apache James team (http://james.apache.org) are pleased to
announce that once more we are proposing ideas for Google Summer of
Code student projects.
This years ideas are:

1) To develop a VERP[1] Mailet to allow James to write VERP modified
return addresses on outbound messages, and an inbound mailet/matcher
to identify VERP bounces and invoke configurable "do something" code.

2) James' provided mailing list manager is fine for small closed
groups, but lacks the functionality of a more robust MLM, the project
is to add some all or more of the following features: subscriber and
message moderation, double opt-in and bounce handling.

We all look forward to welcoming Student proposals for these or any
other ideas, and would welcome discussion of the ideas on the James
Server Developers mailing list [2].

[1] VERP - http://cr.yp.to/proto/verp.txt

Danny Angus (PMC Chair Apache James) on behalf of the Apache James Project.