james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: GSOC 2008
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2008 01:23:32 GMT
Danny Angus wrote:

> I'm not sure what google think about more than one student per idea,

Since the MLM is modular, perhaps they can work on different parts.  There is plenty to do
there.  I have a whole list of MLM related activities, each of which could be GSoC-sized.

For example, when the MLM is sending e-mail, it would want to use VERP.  But we don't want
to create N copies of the outgoing message in the process, we just want to control the outgoing
envelope.  So we need to come up with an enhancement for optimal delivery of such messages.
 That is independent of work on message and subscriber moderation, archiving, etc.

	--- Noel