james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Zsombor <gzsom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GSoC application
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2008 20:00:36 GMT
On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 8:41 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin <
robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 11:03 AM, Jonas Arnsmann
> <jonas.arnsmann@globolog.com> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> >  But if you have other tasks, which need a hand (or two?), i would also
> be willing to
> >  face the challenge!
>
> as it happens ;-)
>
> after a long battle, we're just about feature complete for
> IMAP4rev1/RFC2060. if you're interested in IMAP then this is a great
> time to get involved: the long hard leg work is over and now we can
> start look at more fun stuff :-)
>
> here are some ideas: shout if you like the sound of any of them
>
>  * a STARTTLS implementation for IMAP4rev1/RFC3501
>  * choose an extension specification:
>   * IDLE
>   * LANGUAGE
>   * UNSELECT
>   * QUOTA
>   * WITHIN
>  * Mina frontend
>  * JPA backend
>  * Jackrabbit backend
>  * Servlet frontend
>  * SEDA

I had a Mina based frontend with TLS, (not STARTTLS), but as I lost tracking
the changes, which from my viewpoint created a more and more baroque
internal IMAP API/implementation, I've lost interest updating it, and adding
STARTTLS support. I hope in the future a simpler, and more accessible
implementation emerge from the myriads of module :-)

BR,
 Zsombor