james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Burrell Donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jSPF] poms, copyright, license, again... (Was: [VOTE] jSPF-0.9.6)
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2008 21:34:11 GMT
On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 9:08 PM, Bernd Fondermann
<bernd.fondermann@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 8:48 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin
>  <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:
>  > On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 7:53 PM, Stefano Bagnara <apache@bago.org> wrote:

<snip>

>  >  why not just use an ant script for offline builds?
>
>  +1
>
>  the website generation aspect excluded, I don't get it why removing
>  maven is not already discussed as an obvious option here.
>  if we find that maven causes us non-technical problems - and this
>  thread is definitively proving this - , we are free to not use it.

i have no problem with maven as the main build tool but offline builds
are not the primary use case for maven

>  I downloaded the 0.9.5er source distribution today and it does not
>  build with ant, only maven. it downloads a ridiculous large number of
>  jars for very little effect. I remember that I +1'ed maven usage for
>  building the site. but (hereby also answering a prev question asked on
>  this thread) the rest should work with ant and offline, please. :-)

i see no reason why maven shouldn't be used for development and online
builds. if no one beats me to it, i should be able to knock up an ant
script for offline builds (though it might be next week).

- robert