james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Jonas Arnsmann <jonas.arnsm...@globolog.com>
Subject Re: GSoC application
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 10:35:32 GMT
Hi,

Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
> here are some ideas: shout if you like the sound of any of them
<snip>

>  * JPA backend
JPA = Java Persistence API, right?
I have some in experience in this area, so i could maybe give a hand here..

> what i'm doing ATM is building up the functional test coverage (which
> can be used against any backend). these are quite neat and the scripts
> are created by a builder which you run against a known compliant
> implementation (dovecot, say). if you fancy taking a look at the
> specification and creating some test that try to break our
> implementation that'd be really great.

Sounds interesting.. I have not worked with a lot of testing frameworks so far
(except some basic junit stuff), but i'm always up for challenge..
If you could provide me with some more information on the current tasks, i
could get started in the next days..

> if you are more interested in cryptography then there's a partially
> completed OpenPGP/MIME mailet which needs finishing
>
> BTW if you're anywhere within reach of amsterdam, we're going to be at
> http://www.eu.apachecon.com/eu2008/. the hackathon runs for the first
> two days (in parellel with the tutorials)

I would really love to join you guys at the Apachecon 2008, but i won't make
this year.. To many deadlines in the near future..
Maybe i can join you in 2009 ;)

Greetings,
Jonas Arnsmann