james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: [mailets] Regex Mailets [WAS Re: Mailets and dependencies (Was: [PLANNING] Road map)]
Date Mon, 05 May 2008 16:52:41 GMT
Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
> On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 5:21 PM, Stefano Bagnara <apache@bago.org> wrote:
>> Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
>>> but if it offends you, stop whinging and do something about it: post a
>>> concrete proposal.
>>>
>>  I think you understood that I won't push anything and you know why.
>
> trunk will never be released unless someone steps up. i have no
> interest in releasing trunk.

I have interest in seeing JAMES PMC to be able to release trunk, but I
don't need trunk and I'm not interested in a release pushed by me. I
already have jSPF to satisfy my need to loose some of my time in open
source projects ;-)

In this case there is no need to discuss the code quality or how to get
3 +1. If no one of the active committers is interested in acting as a
release manager for trunk, then let's simply delay this discussion to
that moment.

The whole thing started because you proposed to remove IMAP from trunk
in order to simplify releasing trunk, that brought us to collecting the
list of committers that would +1 a release from trunk, but if we don't
have a release manager and you don't want to do this, then there is not
a single cause to move imap out of trunk, don't you think? Did I miss
something?

Excluding new releases I think my best option is to keep supporting
users, with the hope to find some new developers!

Stefano