james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: Milestone from trunk
Date Mon, 05 May 2008 14:34:06 GMT
Bernd Fondermann ha scritto:
> On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 11:20 AM, Stefano Bagnara <apache@bago.org> wrote:
>>  What domain can we host for the tests?
>
> I would like to donate a domain, for example james-testing.org. I
> would be able to admin the nameserver according to our needs.

Good. The more domains the more spam ;-)
I could provide some second level domains (james-testing.bago.org /
james-testing.void.it ).

>>  If we don't make this test installation the default MX for some domain and
>> we don't use some email address in public messages I don't expect botnets to
>> hit us so fast. Any ideas?
>
> put some mail addresses on a wiki page?
>
>   Bernd

This would be a good start, but it took a lot of time before I saw
botnets attacking my servers, maybe today is faster.

BTW even if we don't get a million connection per day like me and Noel
are experiencing on production servers it will be interesting anyway
even for collaborative debugging a as a sandbox to collaboratively
reproduce issues.

Are we going to test file/db or dbfile repositories?
Do we plan to use the standard configuration or an "as complex as
possible" configuration?

Stefano