james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: Suggestion for Project Management tool
Date Mon, 05 May 2008 22:19:54 GMT
Athar Shiraz Siddiqui ha scritto:
> http://www.viewpath.com/
>
> This is apparently free to sign up. I have opened an account. It would
> be great if Stefano could approve this and we can begin our to do list
> etc. This is beta so its free but don't know of any others. If anyone
> does out there please feel free. Again this is could be totally not
> necessary ; if so do feel free to inform me please.

Please not that this project is not mine and my approval is nothing more
than a voice in this community.

I've moved this discussion to server-dev, so other developers can say
what they think.

As I previously wrote in another thread Apache projects are invited to
use ASF infrastructure even when this infrastructure may not be the best
out there. There are plenty of reasons for this "rule" that my limited
english skills would require months to explain and analyze.

If you have a list of things that you think should be done you should
start writing a mail to server-dev and collect community opinions about
what you propose.

Beware that open source communities do not work like company projects:
there is no boss, there are no paid developers, everyone is project
manager, everyone is developer, it is much more difficult than a company
because wheneven you think you have a good idea, you will have to
convince the community that it is a good idea, and maybe tweaking it
according to critics you will receive.

Stefano