james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: compile 2.3.1
Date Thu, 01 May 2008 01:52:54 GMT
Stefano Bagnara wrote:
> Noel J. Bergman ha scritto:
> > Probably, with the newest versions of Java.  Mordred is deprecated, and
> > since I don't see any reason to update mordred, it will be removed as
soon
> > as I can start work on the new stable branch.
> I created JIRA-605 (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-605) to
> remove mordred and you replied that you was ok with deprecating it but
> not removing. It is 1.5 years ago

As I recall, Serge and I were the ones who did the work to get DBCP into
JAMES in the first place, and after some years of running DBCP, processing
over 1 million connections per day, I am satisfied that we don't need
mordred as a backup plan anymore, so it is not worth maintaining.

Remember: if we cannot provide a stable, reliable, production quality mail
server, every feature, bell and whistle is worthless.

	--- Noel