james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: [jsieve] Any more TODO before 0.2 release?
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2008 13:58:44 GMT
Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:

>>> don't worry - seems to happen a lot here :-)
>> sorry, but discussion is good as long as we have objective and produce
>> something as part of the discussion.
>>
>>> [...]
>>> documentation is tough: i would describe this stuff as strongly
>>> recommended best practice rather than mandatory policy ATM
>> Make sense. You're on Legal Affairs, you should really say this as a
>> comment there:
>> LEGAL-26   	 LICENSE and NOTICE in svn
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-26
>> LEGAL-27   	 LICENSE/NOTICE content vs package content
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-27
>>
>> or comment the JIRA notifications on legal-discuss
>>
>> :-)
>
> I not wearing that hat right now. In any case I generally try to avoid
> commenting on issues I'm directly involved with.

I understood you was not wearing that hat, that's why I asked to wear
it! We (JAMES PMC) need to first understand what the Legal Affairs will
reply in order to have a good/worthwhile discussion on details.

Let me repeat that I don't care if the result satisfy or not my personal
preference, but I need "ASF suggested best practices" and "ASF policies"
to be written somewhere.

This (policy/rules/personal preferences) had been an issue in my ASF
experience, I hope I can help ASF to let people like me feel better in
this community.

Stefano