james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: A question about 8BITMIME support.
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2008 17:40:23 GMT
I remember I hit this issue in past. IIRC sun's javamail does not add
the BODY=8BITMIME attribute for the MAIL command, and it also does not
add the SIZE=XXXXX attribute when the SIZE extension is supported.

I vaguely remember that servers supporting 8BITMIME extension correctly
default to 8BITMIME body when they read the data even if they don't
receive the BODY= attribute.

Maybe someone else here can give you more details.

Stefano