james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject A question about 8BITMIME support.
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2008 17:21:27 GMT
I was looking at some things in the Geronimo SMTPTransport code, and I
realized that I had never implemented adding the BODY=8BITMIME to the
FROM command.  I went back to my test case I used for comparisons
purposes.  This did a simple send with the mail.smtp.allow8bitmime
property set to true.  The test was run with mail.debug turned on so I
could see the conversation with the server.  It appears that turning
that property on causes the Sun implementation to send the body as 8-bit
characters, but it also does not add the BODY=8BITMIME property.

I'm going to start working on the code to add the option, but I'm
curious of the SMTP experts can help me understand what the actual story
is.

Rick