james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject SIZE SMTP extension in Geronimo javamail client.
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2008 17:44:47 GMT
If anybody is interested in kicking the tires, I've added support for
the SIZE= SMTP extension to the Geronimo javamail implementation.  A
private build is available here:

http://people.apache.org/~rickmcguire/javamail/

One thing I'm particularly interested in feedback on.  As implemented,
the SIZE argument will be added whenever the server indicates the
feature is a supported extension in the EHLO response.  There is some
overhead associated with  calculating the size in advance of sending the
data, so I'm interested in opinions on whether this should only be used
if explicitly enabled via a session property (such as 8BITMIME support
is now).

Rick