james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jsieve] Any more TODO before 0.2 release?
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2008 12:27:29 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 3:15 PM, Stefano Bagnara <apache@bago.org> wrote:
> I would simply need maven to generate the NOTICE/LICENSE for dependencies
> I'm including with the "assembly" plugin and its dependencySets feature!
> With this plugin maven is really aware of what dependencies I am including
> in the resulting package. I tell maven to include <scope>runtime</scope>
in
> the lib folder: this is enough to create an appropriate NOTICE/LICENSE.

How would you do this with Ant? By having separate NOTICE and LICENSE
files to be included in the resulting package. My point is that you
can do the exactly same thing with Maven with minimal complexity. Is
it really imperative that Maven does this automatically?

The fact that things like m-r-r-p are not sophisticated enough to do
this properly is no reason why you couldn't achieve the same result
with just a little bit of extra work.

BR,

Jukka Zitting