james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Bernd Fondermann" <bernd.fonderm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Two builds [was: Re: Embedding James in a Java application]
Date Sun, 15 Jun 2008 14:18:33 GMT
On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 2:30 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin
<robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 1:40 PM, Norman Maurer <norman@apache.org> wrote:
>> Am Samstag, den 14.06.2008, 14:16 +0200 schrieb Stefano Bagnara:
>>> I'm moving to dev because we are OT in the user list.

I  have been
Some missing

>>> I committed myself to keep updating the maven build and an almost
>>> complete maven configuration is needed if you want to create maven
>>> reports for the website.
>>>
>>> But I'll stop doing this as no one asked me this. If needed the PMC will
>>> find consensus and will ask me to work on that.
>>
>> No please not stop ....
>
> +1

+1

This was not meant as a criticism towards maintaining a maven build,
or an ant build or their maintainers.
I thought it was worth pointing out that _two_ builds means doubled work.

Since there is nobody else than me sceptical abouth the remote
repository approach, it doesn't make sense insisting on it.
I will try to find a solution for myself which works on my machines.

I'd rather not stand on peoples feet here and am open to discuss to
completely switch over to maven.
It's better to have only one maven build than two concurrent builds.

  Bernd