james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Bernd Fondermann" <bernd.fonderm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: STATUS file in trunk
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2008 16:46:42 GMT
On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 6:41 PM, Bernd Fondermann
<bernd.fondermann@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 5:40 PM, Stefano Bagnara <apache@bago.org> wrote:
>> I would like to know if, after almost 2 years we use it, people still think
>> that STATUS file in trunk is useful.
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/server/trunk/STATUS
>>
>> I think it contains outdated content. Something gone wrong with its use. How
>> can we improve this situation?
>
> remove outdated content. I'll have a quick look.
>
>> I think the most useful information is the sandboxes list,
>
> +1
>
>> but it seems just
>> the wrong place.
>
> to me it seems ok.
>
>> My opinion is that we should try to mantain a STATUS file for each sandbox
>> trying to use dates in stuff we write so that people looking into sandboxes
>> would have an idea of the motivation, the status and when the last update to
>> the status happened.
>
> I'd rather keep a central file at a central place. But I agree that
> sandbox info should be uptodate, more or less ;-).
>
>  Bernd

I did a quick check and cannot find anything wrong with the file
except it is outdated.
I still believe it could be useful if it was more uptodate.
Most of the votes and proposals tracked there are not even resolved
on-list. So this only reflects our own habits which is sometimes good
to remember as a motivation to try and improve. ;-)

Maybe we should remind ourselves from time-to-time (maybe taking a
looming board report as a trigger) to maintain it.

  Bernd