james-server-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: If I do a 'check-out' in SVN...
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2008 20:02:48 GMT
You want to use "checkout" (co) rather than "export" if you plan to
make any code changes to contribute back to the james project.

export removes all the information that lets you make a patch of your
changes via svn diff.  checkout provides this information.  AFAIK
export is usually used only to provide a fixed source distribution not
intended for modification.

thanks
david jencks