james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Burrell Donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jsieve] Any more TODO before 0.2 release?
Date Sun, 15 Jun 2008 10:36:04 GMT
On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 11:11 AM, Stefano Bagnara <apache@bago.org> wrote:
> Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
>>
>> anything else that needs to be done before 0.2 can be released?
>>
>> - robert
>
> I think the only "open" issue is "Why don't we include javacc, javamail and
> activation jars in the source tree/distribution so to be able to build it
> offline without any manual download?" by Norman in the recent "Two builds"
> thread. I second him.

i'd be glad to fix this in a subsequent release but ATM AIUI we can't
distribute: we'd need to wait until the third party license stuff is
agreed (or until the next JavaCC release). if the community is
unwilling to support new releases until a consensus is reached then
i'll back off pushing this sequence of releases forward.

> The problem with the stage folder is the usual m2/website/pom issue to
> create problems to people using maven to build the website (by creating bad
> poms in their local repository) but this is already true for commons-logging
> and log4j that we have there, so adding javamail/javacc/activation won't
> break anything)
>
> My other concern (very minor) is the folder for the bnd tool: I would prefer
> "biz.aQute" instead of "aQute" because this is the groupId they use to
> publish stuff in m2 repositories. But this can be safely ignored.

i wasn't aware of that: please jump in and fix (if i don't get there before you)

- robert