james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Burrell Donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo-JAMES integration
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2008 19:59:06 GMT
On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 8:37 PM, Stefano Bagnara <apache@bago.org> wrote:
> Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:

>>> I agree.
>>>
>>> FYI I had an interesting discussion with James Strachan few weeks ago,
>>> here:
>>> http://markmail.org/message/mp2pafe77efwczbb
>>
>> it's always interesting talking to james :-)
>>
>> he's definitely thinking in the same directions as me
>>
>> - robert
>
> I had no time yet to check CAMEL, and there are few issues we already found
> discussing the JMS solution (no way to avoid writing the full message over
> and over again when moving from one queue to another is my main concern),
> but I bookmarked the thread and camel for my next "meditation" weekend
> (unfortunately not so frequent lately).

MOM works surprisingly well provided that the message sizes are small.
IMHO JAMES should not be attempting to load large bodies into memory.
instead, a limited buffer should be used initially: big enough to hold
the headers (and small messages). once this is filled, the message
should be streamed directly to storage. the message would contain the
headers plus a reference URL for the body.

- robert