james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: [mailets] moving tests for standard mailets from phoenix-deployment
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2008 17:33:17 GMT
Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
> On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 10:38 AM, Stefano Bagnara <apache@bago.org> wrote:
>> HI all,
>>
>> I'd like to move all of the tests we have in phoenix-deployment to the
>> appropriate places.
>
> sounds great :-)
>
>> I'm starting from tests for code that is not even more in server code base:
>> standard mailets tests.
>>
>> Moving:
>> org.apache.james.test.mock.javaxmail.*
>> org.apache.james.test.mock.mailet.*
>> org.apache.james.test.mock.util.MailUtil
>> mailet-base/src/test
>>
>> This allow to move most tests we have in phoenix-deployment transport
>> matchers and mailets into mailet-standard/src/test.
>>
>> In order to have the build works I have to add test-jars to the m2 build and
>> have mailet-standard tests to depend on mailet-base test-jar.
>
> my preference would be to factor out the test framework from the tests
> but this sounds like a reasonable enough first step

About this (and how to handle this in the ant build) I'll have questions
soon... But let's complete this first.

>> Should I commit this stuff only after updating also the ant build or can I
>> take only care of the m2 build for the mailet products?
>
> if you handle the maven, i'll pick up the ant

Ok the mailet project is in good status.

What is missing is running tests from ant and building the the test-jar.

server-trunk instead is not working yet.. I thought I could have
finished it today but I have to go now.. I'll complete it tomorrow.

I set up m2 builds for the various projects on hudson today.

Stefano

PS: Unrelated, I also setup a james server v2.3 build in hudson, so we
also check it.